Akemi Associates provides international business development and consultancy services for clients in the chemical manufacturing and engineering sectors.
A graduate in Natural Sciences and Chemical Engineering from the University of Cambridge, company founder Susan Brench offers over 30 years’ expertise in industrial strategic commercial management, stakeholder engagement, marketing and international business development, working with clients across the globe, including Europe, the USA, and Japan.
In addition, Susan has worked for 2 major financial institutions, most recently as Head of Chemical Sector at Santander UK. This was a strategic role in which her remit was to help the business understand the needs of the chemical industry and thereby develop tailored financial solutions to facilitate growth. Susan remains a Trusted Advisor to Santander CCB.
Mentoring of start-up businesses is of particular interest. Susan passionately believes in the importance of innovation in science and engineering for a sustainable society. As part of her portfolio, Susan is currently leading green chemistry start-up Starbons Ltd (see https://www.starbons.com/).
Why Akemi Associates?
- Business needs analysis – with a strong techno-commercial perspective
- Strategic thinking and detailed, complex problem solving
- Dynamic and professional approach undertaken with diligence, discretion, energy, resilience and tenacity
- Established connections across industries, and across continents
- Collaborative partnerships founded on integrity and trust
- We do what we say we will do