Akemi provides international business development and consultancy services for STEM businesses.
Since founding Akemi in 2018 Susan has successfully established a portfolio of interests, building on the foundations of over 30 years’ experience in the manufacturing sector; commercial management, stakeholder engagement, marketing and international business development. Throughout her career Susan has worked with clients across the globe including Europe, the USA, and Japan. Her expertise is derived primarily from the chemical manufacturing sector and she has also worked for 2 major UK financial institutions, most recently as Head of Chemical Sector at Santander UK. This was a strategic role in which her remit was to help the business understand the needs of the chemical industry and thereby develop tailored financial solutions to facilitate growth.
A Physical Natural Sciences – Chemical Engineering graduate from the University of Cambridge, Susan passionately believes in the importance of innovation in science & engineering, as applied to the manufacturing sector, for building a more sustainable society.
Mentoring of start-up businesses is a particular focus. In 2019 Susan took on the challenge of driving the former University of York green chemistry spin out, Starbons Ltd, towards commercial success.
Why Akemi Associates?
- Business needs analysis – with a strong techno-commercial perspective
- Strategic thinking and detailed, complex problem solving
- Dynamic and professional approach undertaken with diligence, discretion, energy, resilience and tenacity
- Established connections across industries, and across continents
- Collaborative partnerships founded on integrity and trust
- We do what we say we will do